TIPS FOR HOMEOWNERS: Before calling an electrician, save yourself time and money.
- If your device suddenly stops working, use another device to find out whether your device is broken or there’s no electricity.
- If your whole house loses electricity, check with your neighbors to verify whether a power outage has occurred.
- If a section in your house loses electricity, check the panel, reset the breaker, and check GFI receptacles if you know the correct one and feel comfortable enough to do it yourself.
- If your lights don’t work, check the bulbs and replace them with working bulbs. Use sockets elsewhere that you know are working to check each bulb.
- To reset a tripped breaker, turn the breaker off and back on again.
- The benefit of GFI
- Upgrade panel
- Energy saving